Friday, March 6, 2009

Monkey Madness!

Once, when I was in Africa, my family and I stayed in a hotel. The rooms were sort-of like updated tents. There were monkeys living near our tents. Our guide told us NOT to feed them.
But my dad didn't listen to him.
One morning, outside our tent, my family and I were just coming out of the tent. My dad had a cookie in his hand.
Suddenly, I saw something move up in a tree...
"Look!" I shouted. "A monkey up in that tree!" I pointed to the small monkey. My mom jumped back in surprise. "Cool.." My dad said. He held the cookie out to it. "Here, monkey!" He cooed.
The monkey came cautiously over, and with one quick movement, swiped the cookie from him.
She took it back to the tree and fed Her babies it. 
The monkey came back to us and screeched. She wanted more. My mom went inside the tent to grab a book.
She would hurt the monkey if it attacked us. She would let the monkey hurt us over her dead body...

                             Stay tuned for the next post, when I finish the story!

No comments: