Monday, December 1, 2008

Turtle Lay Eggs



One day I was shocked. My female turtle layed eggs! She layed about 10 eggs! She has a male to protect the eggs. My female turtle is 28 years old. My male turtle is 32 years old. By the way
I know a lot about eggs. A big turtle lay up to 100 eggs. The turtle doesn't protects the eggs. So how the baby turtle is safe? Mother turtle dig a hole. Then she lay the eggs. After that the mother fill the hole with sand. Some turtle are dangerous like the snapping turtle. They have 8 and an half inches of the beak. In everyday they eat about 47 fishes! They lay up to 205 eggs.

Pictures from Flickr users Mousiekim and Normski.

1 comment:

cmm said...

Hi Darren! Im cristina-maria from Ms.Cheng's class. I have a red-eared turtle,too. How come your turtle layed eggs? It's so cool. I like the pictures you showed. What's her name? How old is it and how big is it?